Tanita Research GrantsSupporting ground breaking research across the world
Supporting ground breaking research
At Tanita, we are continually working to validate and expand the use of BIA technology by supporting innovative scientific research projects with research awards.
If you are researching the impact of changing body composition as part of a nutrition, sports performance or weight management programme and would like to incorporate Tanita BIA technology or use it to expand your study, we would like to hear from you.
Tanita Europe Research Awards
There are a variety of grants available on an ongoing basis throughout the year. These are:
- Donation of equipment Receive a MC-780 MA Segmental Body Composition Monitor. A stand-alone unit that provides a full segmental body composition analysis in less than 20 seconds. Measurement results are automatically stored on the SD Card, sent to a PC or transferred to a printer to generate a full consultation sheet. Data can be sent wirelessly to a PC or Windows Tablet using a Bluetooth adaptor. Data can be stored and used for trend analysis using GMon Health Monitor Software.
- Financial Award Receive a financial contribution up to €4,000 towards your research project.
- Preferential rates on Tanita Professional products Purchase Tanita Professional products at a specially reduced rate. Eligible applicants include research organisations, universities, healthcare institutions and weight management organisations based in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Allocation of grants
If a grant application is successful, the principal applicant will be contacted by the Tanita Europe office with details of the allocation.
Use of grants: terms and conditions
A Tanita Europe Research Award must be used to carry out the proposed research within the specified timeline. On completion of the study, where relevant the recipient must:
- Submit a report on the research findings.
- Supply raw anonymous data. (This will only ever be used for internal use and to further increase the accuracy of future Tanita technology and never shared with a third party.)
- Submit findings to an appropriate scientific journal for publication.
- Provide a testimonial review of our technology and how it has impacted on the research project.
Your Application will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 21 days of submission. Please note:
- We cannot respond to enquiries as to why specific applications were accepted or rejected.
- Applications will not be used for any purpose other than the selection process.
- All research projects included in an application must have received prior approval from an Ethics Committee.
- The names of recipients may be announced on the Tanita website and Tanita social media communications.
Confidentiality Personal information included in grant applications will not be used for any purpose other than that required for grant processing, such as notification of the applicant.